The Electrical Technician will help create, maintain and repair the electronic components and equipment used in any equipment or device that involves electricity. They can sometimes work with electricians or electrical engineers, or work on site to keep machinery and specialty equipment running correctly.
1) Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
2) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
3) Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
4) Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
5) Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.