Manual Engine Lathe Operator machines Machine assemblies in accordance with customer specifications, company guidelines and checklists.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety policies;
- Operates CNC machines and manual machines including bar mill, engine lathes, and manual grinders to produce machine assemblies;
- Use precision gauges and instruments such as micrometers to determine and follow customers’ specifications;
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, conditional switches; and calculating requirements;
- Maintain specifications by observing, drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes;
- Operates overhead cranes and forklifts;
- Perform other duties as requested or required by Supervisor.